Our client, a major pharmaceutical, needed support maintaining high quality end-to-end contract solutions whilst reshaping its in house team. This process left the in-house legal team reduced in size, at a time where the legal workflow was increasing in volume and complexity. The challenge was clear: maintain high quality end-to-end contract solutions with a double-digit percent reduction in in-house resource.
The client outsourced part of the legal team’s commercial contracting and other routine but essential tasks to LOD. We supplied a Managed Team that combined lawyers who can work to address the in-house team’s needs across different countries, legal engineers and smart technology. The solution was first deployed in the UK, Germany, Switzerland and the Netherlands with an option for expansion to Austria, Spain and the Nordics and, ultimately, across the rest of Europe.
- The LOD team has handled over 200 instructions to date and improved response times for business as usual work.
- We’ve helped establish a simplified process across multiple jurisdictions that will be rolled out across Europe.
- Two European contact templates were standardised which is forecast to improve contracting times by 40%.
- Our Managed Team built a metrics dashboard that shows number and type of contracts, country of origin, time to completion, in-house time saved versus cost and others.
- There is now an estimated 50% reduction in contract oversight for the in-house team.
- The client's in-house team were able to get on the front foot, focus on strategic objectives including key negotiation, regulating compliance and handling complex litigation (enabling the team to secure a major win in the year).
The LOD Managed Team ensured BAU work was delivered, helped the in-house team focus on the strategic and kept the legal departments functioning in line with challenging budgets.
YouView get flexible and tailored legal supportRead more
Finding the right person for AONRead more
LOD helps deliver TalkTalk's data protection programmeRead more
Top energy company needed legal ops expertiseRead more
Santos needed to simplify their legal workRead more
Global financial exchange needed to drive efficiencyRead more
Supporting EE with an experienced specialistRead more
Helping Barclays with IP expertiseRead more
Reviewing Australia Post's legal operationsRead more
Supporting AMEX during busy timesRead more
Helping adidas with a niche lawyerRead more
Tailored legal support for an Asian conglomerateRead more
Finding the perfect lawyer for a global luxury groupRead more
A real estate lawyer for a high street fashion favouriteRead more
Jumping regulatory hurdles for a video game streaming serviceRead more
Nimble managed team for a leading global bankRead more
Boosting capacity for a premier law firmRead more
Strengthening compliance frameworks at an Australian challenger bankRead more
Helping structure smart joint venturesRead more
Acting as an extension of your legal teamRead more
A virtual corporate counsel serviceRead more
Speedy and savvy legal adviceRead more
Helping with raising equityRead more
Helping dunnhumby with legal operationsRead more
A perfect short-term solution for Royal LondonRead more
Finding a real all-rounder for GoogleRead more
Helping local government to minimise legal spendRead more
Creative solutions to bolster client relationshipsRead more
Specialist expertise for a leading law firmRead more
Boosting the legal function for a global resources companyRead more
Leading international bank manages peak workflow with LODRead more